Yes, you read the title correctly. Yes, you can make your own and it is easier than you think. All you need is chocolate morsels, peanut butter, flaky sea salt, and your favorite nuts to top it off. For fun, you could even change up the type of chocolate or nut butter to create different combinations. Oh, my mind is churning right now…
Of course, you could just buy a pack of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, but if you’re like me and always have these ingredients on hand, this will be fun to switch it up and make your own chocolate snack. It’s also fun to make with my son. He’s always so proud of his work at the end.
Here’s what I did…
I melted the chocolate and peanut butter together just like I did with my aunt’s Puppy Chow.
However, you can keep the two separate and make it in layers, if desired. I used Laura Scudder’s Peanut Butter because it doesn’t contain a lot of extra ingredients, and Ghiradelli Semi-sweet chocolate morsels.
Once the two were completely melted and mixed together, I poured it into a cupcake liner in a muffin pan, and topped it off with flaky sea salt and roasted almonds.
To set it quickly, I popped the pan in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes, and it was ready to eat.
I said it was easy, right?! What kind of combinations would you make? Comment below.
Peace and Love!
Reasons to make these:
- You could bring it to a super bowl party and your peeps will be amazed that you actually made it yourself.
- It’s a fun activity to do with a child and have for a later treat.
- Use dark chocolate and you’ve got something to help reduce stress.
Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Yield: Approximately 12 pieces
Time: 20 minutes
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 Laura Scudder’s Peanut Butter (recommended)
1/4 cup chopped Roasted Almonds
Flaky or fine Sea Salt
- Melt the chocolate morsels and peanut butter in the microwave at 20 second intervals, and stir after each time. Repeat until both are completely melted and mixed together.
- Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture into a cupcake pan with liners, filling each cup halfway.
- Sprinkle the almonds and flaky sea salt on top.
- Set in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes, or until it’s hardened.
- Take pan out of the refrigerator and remove the chocolate from the liner.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.