If you’ve been following me for a while, you’re probably thinking, “This post isn’t about dessert.” I know, I know… I just wanted to change things up a bit. I made these herb roasted sweet potatoes for the family and they loved it. When I posted it in my Instagram stories a while back, a couple of people asked for the recipe as well, so I thought I’d share it with you all.
It’s quick and easy to make – which is just my style when it comes to preparing meals for the family.
First, I rinsed, peeled and cut the sweet potatoes in cubes. Second, I transferred the potatoes to a large bowl, poured in a tiny bit of grapeseed oil, followed with a bunch of spices, and mixed them around until it was completely covered.
Then, I cut a piece of parchment paper (which is the one kitchen item I absolutely can NOT live without), laid each potato flat on the cookie sheet, leaving some space in between, and popped it in the oven.
After about 10-15 minutes, I took the potatoes out of the oven, tossed them around the pan a little bit, and returned it back to the oven to keep roasting. FYI… I like it a little charred, like you see in the picture. It’s not burned, I promise.
… And that’s it! These sweet potatoes are tasty as a side dish that you’ll want to make again and again.
Tell me, how do you like to eat your sweet potatoes? If you try these, let me know what you think and tag me on Instagram or Facebook in the photo.
Peace and Love!
Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Credit: Yasmin for BloomingAugust.com
3 large Sweet Potatoes
2-3 tbsp Grapeseed oil (or melted coconut oil)
1 tbsp Thyme
1 tbsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp Onion Powder
1 tbsp Oregano
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Cinnamon (Optional)
1 tbsp Red Pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Rinse, peel and cut sweet potatoes in cubes.
- In a large bowl, pour in oil and these 4 spices: thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano.
- Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spread sweet potatoes evenly and flat, leaving spaces in between.
- Add the next 4 spices: red pepper flakes, black pepper, himalayan salt, cinnamon (optional).
- Place in the oven for about 30 min. Halfway through, remove from the oven and toss potatoes around the pan, lay out evenly again, and place back in the oven.
- Remove when potatoes are browned and crisp to your liking.