Hi there! If you came here from the post about Cinnamon Rolls, thanks for coming over. The ingredients are the same, it’s just a different process than the rolls.
If you haven’t seen the previous post, feel free to check it out to see which way you’d like to try it. Plus, I have a cute little story about why I chose to blog about it.
I used a pack of biscuit dough…
I also tried it with similar biscuits from other brands and it worked just as well.
The biscuits come in 8 pre-cut slices, so I laid out each piece and cut it into 6 pieces. Below is picture of them spread out.
Then I melted the butter and combined it with cinnamon, dark brown sugar, and a splash of my homemade Tahitian Vanilla Brandy extract to create a paste.
Next, I dropped all of the biscuit pieces in the bowl and mixed it around so that it is completely covered with the cinnamon sugar paste.
I used parchment paper and cut it into squares instead of using cupcake holders (or a non-stick spray) for easy clean up… The brown sugar may be hard to remove if it melts onto the pan and cools.
Then, I placed the parchment paper in each muffin hole and filled it with the biscuit pieces. I had just enough for a full muffin pan.
I baked it at the temperature displayed on the container, about 20-25 minutes… until the rolls were golden brown.
Once I removed the rolls from the oven, I let it sit for about 5 minutes. While the rolls were still warm, I spread cream cheese frosting over the top and served immediately.
Here it is fresh out of the oven.
So, which version would you prefer? The rolls or the Pull-Apart buns?
Try it and tell me what you think.
Peace and Love!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in Jul 2017. During an update to my website, this content was deleted so I uploaded it again.
Cinnamon Pull-Apart Muffins
Credit: Yasmin for BloomingAugust.com
1 pack of Grand’s biscuits
1/3 cup of salted butter
2 teaspoons of ground Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 stick of salted butter (softened)
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of orange juice (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the butter and combine with cinnamon, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until it forms a paste.
- Open the biscuit container and place each piece on parchment paper. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces.
- Once all of the biscuits are cut into pieces, dump into the bowl of cinnamon sugar paste.
- Stir and mix so that each piece is completely coated.
- Cut parchment paper into squares and place in muffin pan.
- Fill each muffin hole with cinnamon biscuit pieces.
- Bake according to the instructions on the package. (or until golden brown) – approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Combine softened salted butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract, (orange juice, if using) and powdered sugar in a bowl and beat until completely smooth.
- Spread on top of cinnamon rolls while warm and let it melt.
- Feel free to make this ahead of time and keep it in the freezer or refrigerator until you’re ready.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!